International Health Certificates for Pets

Traveling outside the country with your pet? Dr. Hawkins is federally accredited to provide an International Health Certificate for your pet! Please read the information below and call us to set up an appointment 716-200-4897

  • Kenmore Animal Hospital does not keep the requirements for every country but to acquire such information you can visit this page.
  • With the exception of the APHIS Form 7001, all documents must be provided to us by the pet owner. Dr. Hawkins will perform a physical examination of your pet, and provide the necessary medications/deworming/vaccinations/microchip/blood testing as dictated by the information/documents provided to us by the pet owner. Please try providing all of this information and all necessary documents to our office a minimum of 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. You can email all the documents to us at or drop them off during our hours of operation. 
  • Allow for sufficient time to fulfill the paperwork and all the requirements.  It takes time to fill the forms out and some of the tests are performed by outside laboratories.
  • In general, veterinarians must be federally accredited to legally write an International Health Certificate, and their accreditation can be stripped if the document is found to be incomplete or inaccurate. If the country’s specific standards cannot be met, Dr. Hawkins will not be able to provide an International Health Certificate.

If you have any further questions, please call us at 716-200-4897.